Monday, November 24, 2008

Bony Oedema!

1 is an MR image of my leg, the other the 128km BOM radar for brissie from 2am thursday.
i will let you guess which is which.




so for people who havent seen an MRI piccie before its the side-on view of my left leg.
the lightish grey bits are my muscles: up the top - quads in the front and hammies the back.
the femur is the darker grey (almost black) looking thing below and in the middle of these with my tibia below.
the tibia should be the same color as the femur ie. almost black.
the white stuff is the fluid/bony oedema and shouldnt be there.

so the physio says i need 6 weeks completely off.
well actually its 4 weeks and 2 days now :)
allowed to swim and kayak.
no bike - maybe start that when i have 1 week to go.
then build up 'slowly' over 4-6 weeks.
at least it doesnt hurt to walk now.

wednesday: nothing
thursday: massage, pilates and physio. 1200m swim
friday: nothing
saturday: nothing
sunday: 1500m swim
monday: 1hr kayak in my own kayak.

yep i finally bought myself a kayak.
photos to come :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

At least you know now.

Good to see you are swimming more than 800m ... its easy to get used to don't you think. I was also thinking of the kayak thing, just a pain getting it to and in water (I had one years ago). What kind did you get?

8:11 PM  
Blogger Cirque said...

Don't listen to Tesso. I've heard she's turning into a CoolSwimmer!

8:37 PM  
Blogger Bellthorpe said...

It's pretty clear that you need to clear this up quickly. It's time to see a chiropractor.

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home