Sunday, September 28, 2008

An old man

felt like an old man this week.
ran one of my 4km runs a bit quick for me at the mo (18.15).
sometimes when coming back from injury i tend to run a bit angry grrrrrrrr.

have just been generally sore since.
struggled through my 2 x 30min runs.
both knees just really struggling on the hard surface.
tight quads not helping.

took friday and saturday off.
ran today on soft walking track at the uni and felt a million times better.
also putting a lot of work into loosening things up.
have 4 days off work this week and will do more of the same.

monday: off
tuesday: 30min run
wednesday: 1hr bike
thursday: 30min run
friday: pilates and massage
saturday: off
sunday: 40min run

also felt old this week when i found out the hawthorn coach alistair clarkson was younger than me.
...which reminds me - well done hawks!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

3 Comments:

Blogger Bellthorpe said...

Of course you feel like an old man. You *are* an old man.

Take it easy old fella.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Tesso said...

If you add a km each time at that pace Mr Waugh will be in serious trouble at next years GH100.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Old people of the world unite!I'm walking down stairs like my 83yo grandmother with arthritic hips & knees at the moment :-(

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home