Thursday, July 05, 2007

A long way to go for a recon

its not official yet (ie. its not on CR yet).
but whippet is a DNS at hardrock.
initially i thought he was joking.
after all this is the guy who puts rocks in peoples camelbaks before races.
but apparently its not to be this year.
feel very sad for whippy.

so i guess i dont have even a semi-official role over there now other than 'recce'.
if i am reasonably acclimitized i should try and wangle my way in to the course marking and/or de-marking regardless.
not very keen to spend 2 days at a checkpoint popping blisters so if they ask me what kind of doctor i am i'll tell them i'm a gynaecologist :)
tim thinks i should offer to pace scott jurek ;) http://www.scottjurek.com/

not sure what this trip will bring.
i may go over there and find the HR course waaaaaaaaaaay above my abilities and come home with my tail between my legs (likely) or even in a plaster cast.
hoping to find something i can do in future (3-5) years and learn some valuable experience over there.

yesterday the boss asked me what hardrock was.
and i replied 'the hardest footrace in the world'.

leave tomorrow.
will try and blog intermittently.

3 Comments:

Blogger tim said...

Western States is soft by Hardrock standards and I found the WS bloody hard going. I can't even imagine what HR will be like. I am going to email the RD now and tell them you are a Proctologist. So take those latex gloves with you.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Sorry to hear about Whip. Enjoy the recon.

BTW you never know when a gyno is required ;-)

6:56 AM  
Blogger Tesso said...

GOOD LUCK BRO!!!!

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home