Monday, June 25, 2007

mt coot-tha freeway

had more of a 'standard' working week so needed to do my longish run on saturday.
for a change set out early to leave the arvo open and collect DTI points.
arrived at jc slaughter falls carpark at 6am in pitch black to find heaps of cars there...WTF?
got a bit of a fright when i was getting my gear ready and about 50 people walked past the back of my car.
seems like a few people were doing 'kokoda' training - the challenge i mean not the historic png track.
tho there were a few with packs and poles on the mountain as well maybe doing this.

very cool during the week up here.
a few days with maximums 13-14.
my wednesday run (14km) was in tshirt and shorts and when i set out at sub 4.30 pace and was still cold but feeling buggered at 1/4 way i almost turned back!!
eventually warmed up.
apparently was 7 degrees with 'the wind chill' - didnt think that existed up here ;)

fantastic effort by all the western states people.
16/19 starters finished.
havent heard about whippets knee yet but he seemed to finish strongly.

monday: 14km recovery run 71.00 i think
tuesday: 60mins bike with hypoxicator on! didnt work well - machine got too hot
wednesday: 14km 63.30 (16.00, 16.00, 16.00, 15.30) quickest for a while - thanks to the cold
thursday: 60mins bike 130-140 watts; and massage
friday: physio (needles in bum)
saturday: 3.15hr coot-tha run. hilly!
sunday: nothing.

3 weeks to hardrock.
4 shifts til holidays!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

I've gotten into the bad habit of checking the met bureau site before I leave for a run. I say 'bad' because it doesn't feel cold at all ... until I find out what the temp is, and then I'm freezing.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I'm sorry - I'm not coming to Qld unless the temp warms up. I distinctly remember wandering around at about 10pm on the Sunday night after the GCM in a singlet!

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home