Saturday, August 09, 2008

its not about the bike

well for me it is at the moment.
saw the surgeon on friday.
prelim plan was bugger all for another 2 weeks but he is now letting me hop on the exercise bike.
can even 'load up' in an other week and start pilates the week following.
still can't run for another 4 weeks and then its starting with run/walks.
something about collagen not healing on the edge of the itb wound and tearing the crap out of it and it bleeding and scarring and fcking me up big time.
so you can stop teasing me know whippet :p

interested to hear that when he cut it (at the back of it) it went 'twang'.
(his word not mine).
was expecting that to some degree: lots of tightness at the back that you cant really massage/roll out from the front.
guess that fits with why it wouldn't settle and gives me hope that this will give me some relief long term.
not pleased to hear that there was some scar tissue actually inside the knee joint (in the lateral gutter next to the itb).
either it was just all so inflammed that it spread or it was from some wayward cortisone.
he decided to leave it alone tho.

MCAT (mt coot-tha all trails) fatass this weekend.
i was chief crewie.
4 starters in the full with blair doing his first ultra.
a nice day out there.
looks like the course is 47km ish with 2000+ ascent/descent (1 measure of 1900 with baro and another of 2250 with gps).
per km thats hillier than bogong-hotham (tho admittedly the terrain is easier).
all 4 ran together to finish in 7.16


elevation profile.


hilly enough for ya?
(lookout trail)

friday : 10mins bike
saturday : 15mins bike
:)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

I recognise that hill - what did you call it? I forget but I know it was something I wasn't supposed to repeat.

BTW, why are you surprised that your ITB went 'twang'? You are a banjo player after all ;-)

8:03 PM  
Blogger Tesso said...

Got the bike set up in front of the 'lympics?

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home