Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Quitting Running?

so i lost the plot the other day.
really got the shits i did.
got sick of all the massage and pilates and physio and thought of chucking it all away.
now i think back i wonder what took me 2 months of inactivity to come to this level of frustration.
anyhoo after about 2 hours of thinking about taking up competitive chess again or maybe putting on the racing flats and tight jocks and running 10kmers it dawned on me rather rapidly that all i want to do is head out bush and do crazy runs.
because the other crap really isnt enjoyable at all.
so thats it then.
i just have to wait it out.

more cortisone in the itb today.
this time ultrasound guided to make sure it was in the right spot.
was kind of icky watching it but looking on the screen took my mind of it.
nothing for 3 weeks (made this decision myself) other than 'core' then a test run.
pilates is really starting to come together and i am now permitted to 'stand' :)
i have also convinced myself that i have a sort of 6 pack.
feel free to punch away people!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

I agree; I don't find that other "crap" enjoyable either.

No punching from me; you might punch back ;-)

7:41 PM  
Blogger tim said...

what you need to do is have a crazy no trail bush loop with a chessboard on top and challenge someone to trail loop chess game. maybe you could call it Barkley Chess.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Spud said...

Hang in there Bro, "you'll be back"

12:04 PM  
Blogger Tesso said...

I'd punch you but can't run so wouldn't be able to escape.

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never give up. You are an inspiration.

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chess? Have you had a mental health assessment lately?

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home